Chef Nti shares a special Caramelized Pear Prosciutto Cheta Pizza recipe for an action-packed games night.
CHEF NTI GAMES NIGHT RECIPE
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 110g thinly sliced prosciutto
- 110g fresh mozzarella
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 large, unpeeled pears, cored and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs, optional
- A pack of store-bought tortillas
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Chop garlic and heat in the olive oil over medium heat for just a minute or two. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool
- Simmer the balsamic vinegar to reduce the volume by about half. It should thicken slightly. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar together over medium heat. Add the pears in a single layer and cook for about 10 minutes turning once, to caramelize the pears.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Brush the garlic olive oil all over the center of the tortillas
- Add the goat cheese in about 1 tsp sized pieces along with the pears and prosciutto. Keep the ingredients in a single layer as this helps the pizza crust stay crisp and cook quickly.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until the bottom is evenly brown and the top cheese begins to brown slightly. Remove from oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
Drizzle with the balsamic reduction and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and fresh basil and/or oregano before slicing and serving.